#htmlcaption1 Getting the pulse on what's now. Going to places. #htmlcaption2 Capturing moments.

Biyernes, Disyembre 6, 2013

AHEAD OF TIME






I am not an urban rat. Never have been. Never will be. I’m a country girl at heart. To survive the city life and the dog-eat-dog world that comes with it for so long now is still a mystery, until now. I don't know how I did it and why.

It could be that I have to make a living so I have to sacrifice the very soul of me- my peace and quiet, my own paradise.

Few years ago, in a quaint countryside, I found my home and  found serenity in a place stripped with the comfort and glaring lights of city life. In a place where I wake up every morning to the chirping of the birds and the beauty of sunrise peeking through the imperfection of my window sill.

There, where the way of living is unhurried, laidback, calm, and free of the alarmist nature of mankind. For a moment, the world shuts down on me and my work and whatever I do that stresses me out take a backseat. My angry nerves surrender to the world around me. The place does me real good. Always.

There, in a house we lovingly built. All seven hundred bamboo poles of it, surrounded by 'kalipayan plants', fire trees and a century old Narra tree. 

I am not an urban rat. I am an artist. A lover of nature and the beauty that this world has yet to offer. I am a realist, but I find time to satisfy the yearning of my heart for poetry, inspiration and life.

I  am living a LIFE, but I can live without it. What I cannot do is live without my HEART.

I’m older, tired and sometimes, wasted. I’m tired biting other dogs’ tail but I could still be some local politicians feline. I’m ready to retire and be tucked away in that place i dreamed to be.

ANYTIME…







 'Home is the place you grow up wanting to leave 
and grow old wanting to go back to'
-John Ed Pearce




 


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento